THE HONKY-TONK EXPERIENCE
– Brought to you by –
Gary Jay & The FIRE
Howdy and welcome to ‘The Honky-tonk Experience’ SHOW. T.H.E. SHOW is brought to you by ‘Gary Jay & The FIRE’. Gary Jay is a country*grassroots singer-songwriter and is joined by ‘The FIRE’ to make an exciting four(4) piece band.
Get your COWBOY BOOTS ready for some boot-stomping Honky-tonk dance tunes! Sing along with popular songs from COUNTRY LEGENDS. Or, go on an adventure with Gary Jay's story-telling, country*grassroots ORIGINALS.
Gary Jay & The FIRE have played a variety of venues around the DMV including National Cherry Blossom Festival, Dominion Raceway, Merriweather, Boonsboro MD Concert Series, US Oyster Festival, breweries, wineries & more. They have opened for Whey Jennings (Waylon Jennings grandson) & Craig Campbell at Dominion Raceway. They have headlined at Leesburg VA's ‘Acoustic on the Green’ & featured at the ‘National Cherry Blossom Festival’. Gary has two(2) solo albums out with the latest album 'Back to the Farm' having five(5) songs on approximately 4000 radio channels 2021/2022 promoted by Muscle Shoals legend Stephen Foster. Gary Jay & The FIRE are working to record their own LIVE album now.
Gary Jay & The FIRE band members are:
Gary Jay - Singer-songwriter, vocals, guitar, percussion. Gary invented a unique percussion device for his guitar so no drums or loopers are needed.
Lady Lavinia - Electrifying Fiddle.
MR LONESOME Chris Thompson - 1956 Fender Triple Neck ‘Daddy Long-Legs’ Steel Guitar & TWANG LEAD GUITAR.
Robert Friedensen - Upright and Electric BASS.
Mark Hepler - PEDAL STEEL; Substitute for MR LONESOME.
Other substitute BASS players are: DR Bob Graver & Mark McKenzie.
NOTE: THE SHOW can include a special multi-media presentation depending on budget / venue preferences. We are primarily doing FULL BAND (4PC) shows but TRIO may also be available.
VENUES / FESTIVALS:
Gary Jay has played a variety of festivals and venues including: The Groove at DOMINION RACEWAY, Baltimore Fest at Merriweather, National Cherry Blossom Festival, Acoustic on the Green(Leesburg), Bluemont Fair, North Mountain Arts Festival, Taste of Leesburg, Roundhill Hometown Festival, Arlington County Fair, World Police Games, Jammin Java, Farm Brewery Gainesville VA, Bear Chase Brewery, Dirt Farm Brewery, Antietam Creek Vineyards, Deathridge Brewery, Baldtop Brewery, Prince Michael Winery, Vanish Brewery, Old Bust Head Brewery, Two Twisted Posts Vineyard, Spankys, Velocity5, Dogfish Ale House, Horseshoe Curve Restaurant, Brewbakers, Griffin Tavern, Worthog brewery, Molly's Irish Pub, Gypsy Sallys, National Conference Center, Cascades Overlook Center, Mark's Pub, Paddy's Irish Pub, American Legion Post 71, Purcellville American Legion, Eagles Club, Addy's Lounge, Blue Fox Billiards, Winners Circle Saloon, Barrel Oak Winery, Blue Valley Vineyards, Harpers Ferry Brewing, Harpers Ferry Event Barn, 50West Vineyards, The Wine Kitchen, & more.
- Mentioned in 'Readers Digest' national blog Memorial Day 2021 for things to do:
- I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being a part of our very first TASTE Leesburg!! The turnout surpassed our expectations. Thank you all for your top notch performance.-Events Coordinator Town of Leesburg Department of Parks & Recreation 2018
- Great day & FANTASTIC MUSIC! Glad to have you, see you soon. TTP Winery 2019.
- Speaking with a lady after our DIRT FARM show she says I know where you two should play, the seldom seen are playing there. It's in Alexandria 'The Birchmere'. I said I would love to open for someone like that.. She says, "No.. you need your own show there!" Wow, I think that is probably the best compliment I have ever heard. Quote from unknown/new fan. -Dirt Farm Nov 29th 2019
- From recent fundraiser gig comments from the organizers: "You are the best we ever had at this event." & "You sound like a FULL BAND" (speaking to our DUO & relates to my unique percussion device). Sep 28th, 2019.